This session provides information on the different types of anxiety conditions and how they present in children and young people. Attendees will be provided with an overview of the common warning signs of anxiety in children and young people, as well as common causes. The session will help improve confidence in attendees around supporting children and young people to manage their anxiety. The session closes by ensuring attendees are aware of the support available for children and young people across Hertfordshire and nationally in the form of support services, apps and websites.
By the end of the session, attendees will be expected to:
- Have an increased knowledge as to what anxiety is and how it presents in children and young people
- Develop an understanding around different types of anxiety based mental health conditions
- Spot the warning signs of anxiety in children and young people
- Identify the causes of anxiety in children and young people
- Be more equipped to support children and young people to manage anxiety
- Have an awareness of further anxiety services, apps or websites to support children and young people
The tips around how to talk to young people and to make them feel heard were really useful.
Youth professionals only.
2 hours (can be adapted).
Contact us by email at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600.
Cost will be discussed upon enquiry.