This session provides information on types of eating disorder and how they present in children and young people. Attendees will be provided with an overview of the common warning signs of eating disorders in children and young people, both physical and emotional. The session will help improve confidence in attendees to support children and young people by identifying causes, considering the effects of myths and stigma, along with how to have conversations about eating disorders. The session closes by ensuring attendees are aware of the support available for children and young people across Hertfordshire and nationally in the form of support services, apps and websites.
By the end of the session, attendees will be expected to:
- Have an increased knowledge as to how eating disorders present themselves in children and young people
- Be able to spot the warning signs of an eating disorder in children and young people, both physical and emotional
- Consider the effect of myths and stigma on how you approach the topic of eating disorders with children and young people
- Be more equipped to support children and young people who are at risk of an eating disorder or who have an eating disorder
- Have an awareness of further eating disorder services, apps or websites to support children and young people
After attending this training, I feel ready to support any child going through this and to be able to correctly signpost as needed.
Youth professionals only.
2 hours (can be adapted).
Contact us by email at [email protected] or call us on 020 3727 3600.
Cost will be discussed upon enquiry.